New from CTCPA
- Add to the Rulebook – By request to the Rating Coordinator, a beginner rider may ask to be rated a novice to ride in the 5 class for a maximum up to 6 shows, then they will automatically be rated a #1 or higher.
- Rulebook Change – Each association must offer the following sanctioned classes: An Open and a 5 class with each association having the choice to change the 7 class to an 8 class and/or the 10 class to an 11 class.
- Add to the Rulebook – A rider must ride a minimum of 3 times during a show to have that show count and qualify as a sanctioned show.
Your board has been busy getting the 2019 season organised. We have met twice now, once in December and again in January. The next meeting is scheduled for February 20th.
The first meeting was basically about what issues/jobs we have to work on. We formed committees to work on the various tasks.
At the second meeting the committees reported on progress to date and where some of the sticking points might be. Some committees had proposals ready to present and after some discussion decisions were finalized as follows.
New for 2019
10 INCENTIVE CLASS
Ten Class will be run with a half second time incentive per number. This means that for each team that enters the Ten class and their team does not equal 10, the team will get a half second off per go for every number less than 10. Example:
- 10 team-no handicap applied per go
- 9 team-.5 second handicap per go
- 8 team-1 second handicap per go
- 7 team-1.5 second handicap per go
- Time incentive is calculated similarly all the way down to a 3 team.
The time incentive will be subtracted from the time of the run after the first go to determine the order of the second go. The time incentive will be subtracted from the time of the second go and then added to the times of the first go to determine the placing in the class.
A brand new class for 2019
2 PLUS 1 CLASS
Teams entered in this class must have two Number 1 rated riders with a number 3 or higher rider. Teams can be entered beforehand or be drawn as a team. For every team entered (picked), riders must do one draw team. (A draw team in the 2 plus 1 class does not preclude participation in the mandatory draw in other classes). The maximum number of rides will be set at pick 2, draw 2.
This class will be run like a junior youth class i.e. the two lower number riders would have to pull all three cows out. The higher rider could only go in the herd if a cow goes back in.
Lower number riders can enter all their teams as draw runs (If Open rider has a pick team they would have to do a Draw Run.
Novice rider would be considered a #1 for this class
Class would run at 75 seconds
Higher numbered rider will ride at a reduced entry fee
We will be finalizing some more of the details in this class at our February meeting, such as the payout schedule and where in the day this class will fit in.
These changes in the class schedule were implemented in an effort to create more opportunity for our newer or lower numbered riders to ride with or against higher numbered riders, thus improving their skill l