MTPA FINALS SEPT 17/18, 2016
Details for the weekend:
- All teams qualified will be entered unless you tell Arlene ASAP
- Show starts at 9am both days.
- Canteen open from 8-4pm
- Stalls are $50 for the weekend- $35 for one night/Tack stall $20 per night (contact Arlene to book stall)
- Shavings are available for $8 per bag
- Camping $25 per night (if using power, contact Arlene to book)
- Warm up arena available for use
- Please text or email Arlene for the stalls/power/teams/etc -204-392-2538 Cell or email at email@example.com
- Individual points have ended after last show of the season but the team points will include the finals.
- Finals weekend will have saddles for top 1/2 penner and top 3/4 penner.
- Finals weekend will have buckles for winners in 5,7,10 and open
- Prizes for high point 3 team / junior and senior youth
- ***reminder to bring your books of raffle tickets to the event***
- All members are asked to submit nominations for the “horse of the year” and “most improved rider”- please send your nomination to Alice Barkman at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 14.If I missed anything, please send me questions.Trish
1/We would like to advise that the draw class will continue into the finals.
- Any rider can ask for a draw run in the 10,7 & 5
- The rules remain the same, if you do not have 3 runs in a class you can enter the draw multiple times-(no more than 3 runs in each class-draw or picked)
- Draw teams will not be eligible for the year end awardsor saddle but will be eligible for the weekend buckle/money
- To enter a draw class at finals, you must have ridden in that class a minimum of 3 shows throughout the year
- All MTPA members will be required to be eligible to ride once in a draw team at finals
- If there is not enough riders to cover all the draw teams requested, the membership will be polled for volunteers to ride more that once
- Any questions please call Robert Bruneau 1-204-346-4629
Procedure for entering draw teams for 5, 7, or 10 class
Riders requesting a draw team, will enter their name online, as rider #1, in the class they are requesting. (Leave rider #2 and #3 blank). In the comment section, note how many draw teams are being requested, in that class.
Note: Max 3 runs per rider / per class (pick or draw)
Draw requests may not all be filled, due to the number of riders at a show. When everyone, attending the show, has been used once as a “mandatory” draw rider, they will not be drawn again.
Note: If you request a draw run, that does not become your “mandatory” draw run
Note: “Mandatory” draw run may require a rider to run 4 times, if drawn in a class.
All riders will have 1 request filled, at a time. Next request will be filled once all riders have had their 1st request filled. Riders lowest class request will be filled first. (eg 5 class before 7 or 10 class)
All efforts will be made to make the draw teams equal to the class it is being entered in, but it will be no lower than 1 less than the class is rated.
Note: Due to the limited number of #4 riders, lower numbered riders may not receive their requests, in the 10 class.
Procedure for drawing teams:
A random list will be made, prior to the season beginning, for each of the rating groups. We will select from this random list, at each show, pulling from each rating group, from top to bottom, until all riders in the rating group are used once. At that point a new random list will be created for the rating group.